(Note: this article originally appeared on www.thebrokeagent.com under the title, "You Can Get A Lead From Anywhere")
As realtors, we spend a significant portion of our time intentionally going after leads through numerous strategies that you all know about. However, one of the greatest aspects of real estate is getting leads unintentionally from completely random circumstances. I picked up a buyer in the luxurious bathrooms at Dodger Stadium.
On our Instagram (@thebrokeagent hint* hint*), I asked:
"What is the weirdest place you got a lead from?"
The responses were hilarious ranging from dating apps to chair lifts at ski resorts. As promised, here are the Top Ten that I found the most amusing. Check out the Instagram for the rest of the insane responses.
1. @tpofca: "Grindr. 7 deals from the same Buyer in two months. $$$$$."
I think he was kidding, but if Grindr produces like that I'm downloading it.
2. @mortgage_bridget: "Uber driver referred his daughter lol."
Five stars for both him and his daughter.
3. @realestate_la: "Dancer at a strip club while getting a lap dance."
Strippers don't always have the best credit. Hopefully she was prequalified.
4. @lizkroft: "Surfing and a match.com date (separate leads)."
I can't think of anything better than getting leads surfing.
5. @glittle10: "Drunk tank."
@Glittle10 I think I saw you in there last week?
6. @yoliehorn: "Pull over for a ticket, instead listed his home, still my client for 20 years. Many leads from him this day."
This person is a god if they actually pulled this off.
7. @reilfunding: "ER room, Uber ride & 7-11 store."
In that order?
8. @geoffmclennan: "I saw another realtor pick up a lead from a parking guy who was writing him a ticket."
No you didn't. But, it was worth posting.
9. @coleb423: "Nordstrom rack."
I love Nordstrom rack.
10. @marior20: "Clash of Clans."
This was the funniest one.
The Broke Agent provides comedic relief in an industry that is both stressful and unpredictable. "Always remember, no matter how rough of a day you are having, my day is worse."