Contest marketing can be an engaging and amazing way to generate a serious list of leads.
And when you're in real estate, leads turn into sales!
But wait - what kind of contest can you hold? It's not like you can raffle off a house - right?
As a real estate professional, there are thousands of ways that you can hold an exciting and engaging contest to attract new leads.
Contest Ideas For Real Estate Marketing Professionals You Can Use Today!
While you can truly hold a contest about anything, we recommend first trying out contest ideas that focus on your local area.
Let's take a look at some contest ideas you can use to build a list of hot new leads!
Enter To Win!
Entrants can put their name in to win a prize, such as:
1. Tickets to a local sporting event
2. An upcoming concert
3. A local theatre production
4. Gift cards to local restaurants or stores to promote local businesses
5. Entrance to a local activity or event
6. Tickets to an upcoming trade show
7. Partner services (free financial plan, free legal consultation, discount on home inspection)
8. Home improvement gift card
9. A personal chef-cooked dinner
10. Electronics (such as an iPad or an Android TV box)
11. A general gift card (to Target or Amazon)
Lead entrants through various locations/checkpoints in order to gain an entry for the prize. Suggested paths include:
11. An open house hunt
12. Through local parks
13. Around the city
14. Online (to partner websites, perhaps?)
15. Through a key neighborhood
Entrants answer a series of questions to qualify for entries to your draw. Topics that can be linked to the local area include:
16. Questions about local historical landmarks
17. Questions about city history
18. Trivia about local climate
19. Trivia about accomplishments of local (city/state) individuals
This is a fun one! Entrants share a photo in order to earn an entry for the prize. Some photo contest ideas include:
20. Give away an item and ask participants to take a picture of where they'd put it
21. Ask participants to take a selfie next to a for sale sign from your agency
22. Ask people to photograph their best home renovation project outcome
23. Hold a curb appeal contest, and ask participants to photograph their spring garden, holiday decorations, etc.
Take advantage of holidays (both big and small) and use them as a catalyst to gather new interest in your brand! Here are some ideas to capitalize on:
24. For Christmas, consider an ugly sweater contest, holiday decoration contest, or a sweepstakes to win a holiday item from a local business
25. Recognize the seasons and choose prize items that correspond to the new season
26. For Halloween, consider having a photo contest for a 'best costume' contest
Consider using even 'silly' holidays as a reason to hold a contest. These are holidays such as:
28. Pi(e) Day (3/14). Participants can share their favorite pie recipes and/or solve an equation for an entry
29. Lucky Penny Day (5/23). Put heads-up lucky pennies around your neighborhood for people to find. Then they take a photo of where they found it!
30. Tell A Joke Day (8/16). Ask entrants to tell their best real estate joke
Overall, you want to put together contests that are designed to engage with the entrants.
Think about what makes you intrigued by a contest.
What makes you enter? Is it the prize? Is it the tasks needed to enter?
Ideally, if you can brainstorm a contest that has your entrants having fun to qualify while keeping your industry, brand, or even YOU in mind, then you're the real winner when the contest ends. An awesome contest can require very little financial output from you, but last a lifetime in the memories of your entrants.
If you can manage to associate that memory with what you have to offer, your firm will be the only firm they think of when they're ready to buy!
Try Running A Contest And Let Us Know The Results!
Around here, we love contests - but more than that, we love seeing people realize what an effective marketing tool contest marketing can be! Try running a contest and let us know the results below. Or, if you've recently held a contest, tell us what you did and how it went!
Tracy R. Wattie is Chairman & CEO of Brabeia, Inc., a technology firm at the forefront of innovative, patented, one-click contest marketing. The company’s platform makes it easy create and implement online contests, surveys and polls, allowing business owners to better engage with followers and nurture leads.